An Orthotist looking for a new challenge?
Prefer to be more mobile and impactful across more than one NHS service?
Like the opportunity to experience different clinical experiences over different sites?
Opcare, part of the international healthcare company Ability Matters Group, is one of the largest suppliers of artificial limb, orthotic, and posture and mobility services to the NHS in England. We consistently deliver a first class service for users, whilst applying the most advanced and exciting clinical and technical solutions available to patients.
Job role summary:
The role holder assesses patients in a variety of different clinics, occasionally in conjunction with Physiotherapists, NHS Doctors and other members of the interdisciplinary team as appropriate, they then provide orthotic treatment based on best practice.
To advance the delivery of the Opcare orthotic service by embracing evidence-based medicine and the result of Clinical audit in line with the requirements of clinical governance.
What we can offer
- Competitive Salary
- Incremental holiday allowance 33 days up to 38 days ( inclusive of bank holidays)
- Performance related bonus
- HCPC registration fees paid
- Refer a friend incentive scheme
- Continuing professional development
- Opportunity to collaborate with multidisciplinary teams and exposure to different clinics
- Ongoing internal and external training and courses
What experience you will need:
- Confidence in measuring, tracing / casting and fitting orthoses/prostheses
- Be committed to the highest standards of patient care and building strong relationships with patients and colleagues
- Proficient IT skills for patient note documentation and ordering systems
- We will also require applicants to be either a Certified Orthotist/Prosthetist or hold an HND/BSc in Orthotics/Prosthetics.
- You must be HCPC registered.
- Preferably a member of BAPO
To apply, please send your CV today for an initial chat. Ability Matters Group Limited are an equal opportunities employer, we have a clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all operations of the group.