This job will be to lead and develop an exciting new service ProActive will be offering to the private market in partnership with Crispin Orthotics.
ProActive is a private provider of prosthetics and orthotics that has established an enviable reputation as a centre of excellence, working with individuals who have suffered complex injuries and amputation typically as a result of trauma. Our clinic in Godalming, Surrey is highly patient focussed with the cultivation of a friendly and relaxed experience, allowing patients to attain their full potential through a multidisciplinary rehabilitation process.
ProActive is part of the Ability Matters Group, an international group of companies whose principal activity is to supply products and services that enhance the lives of those who require devices to improve their mobility and accessibility.
Due to the planned development within ProActive, we have this exciting opportunity for an innovative, well-motivated and highly experienced Orthotist to work within a private clinic setting as part of the ProActive family.
The clinic is based at the Crispin Orthotics site in Leeds (who are also an Ability Matters Group company), however the clinic will fall under the leadership and branding of ProActive. The Clinical Lead Orthotist will lead and support the ongoing development of the Orthotics clinic in harmony with the ProActive ethos. They will also manage their own patient cases whilst working closely with Crispin to develop and implement new technologies into clinical practice who are currently expanding their Additive (3D printed) product portfolio. The job will also involve developing relationships with case managers and solicitors to help increase the referrals to the clinic.
Role and responsibilities include:
- Joint working and cross-collaboration with Crispin Orthotics and the Godalming ProActive clinic team
- Managing and supporting the ongoing development of the clinic in line with ProActive’s ethos
- Building and maintaining relationships with case managers and solicitors
- Management of patient cases
- Working to the highest standard with responsibility for the complete process of patient care
- Participation as a key member within the MDT
- Liaising with case managers and solicitors about patient care
- Expert witness report preparation for Medico-Legal Cases
- Supporting marketing and business development opportunities
- As the team grows, mentoring and supervising staff.
Required Qualifications and Experience include:
- Certified Orthotist, HND Orthotics, BSc Orthotics
- HCPC registered
- Proven practical experience of working as an orthotist, preferably in a private clinic
- Knowledge, experience and active interest in the latest orthotics products and techniques, including 3D printing
- Excellent organisational skills
ProActive is a private clinic, established in 2001 by founder Richard Nieveen. ProActive has recently become part of the Ability Matters Group, the largest provider of prosthetics and orthotics in the UK and Ireland, who will provide further investment in the service to facilitate growth, whilst also ensuring that the patient-centred and friendly nature of the service continues to thrive.
At ProActive we are passionate about product design and hold this in the highest regard when making custom-made devices for our patients and constantly strive to improve results and invest in the latest cutting-edge technology. Our clinical and technical teams collaborate closely with each other offering peer to peer support. As a company we offer full support with the training needs of our staff and support CPD activities.
Given the nature of our patient referrals we typically work with a patient group of highly motivated individuals aiming to achieve the best levels of outcome. We are also privileged to work with elite Paralympic athletes and supported the Commonwealth Games last year in Birmingham having been successful in our bid to provide Prosthetic and Orthotic support.
If you would be interested in joining this elite clinical team committed to giving the very best to patients, please send your CV and a covering letter to the clinical administrator at email@example.com.
To arrange an informal discussion, please email Alan McDougall at firstname.lastname@example.org